Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Don't worry

One of my biggest flaws is that I am extremely self critical. I have been since before I can remember. Sometimes this trait is really beneficial - it means I push myself to be better and am constantly looking for ways to improve. However, it also means that sometimes I am overly critical and it gets in the way of me accomplishing things. 

Recently I found this quote and it has been really important for me.


"Don’t worry about how inexperienced you are or think you are, but think about what, with the Lord’s help, you can become."

—Henry B. Eyring, November 2011


I really find myself feeling this way in a lot of areas in life, dating, my therapy, finances, healthy living. I am so inexperienced. But that's not what I should focus on. I should focus on the potential I have and I should focus on the fact that the Lord is going to help me do that. 

Totally changed my attitude in the past few weeks and even though I am really overwhelmed (bridal shower, RS lesson, 4 page paper, trip home, 8 page paper and presentation, group paper, 8 page paper, kate's wedding all in the next three weeks - not to mention normal daily tasks of working, seeing clients, etc...) I have been actively trying to not be discouraged. 

It's hard and I really have to work to change my self talk. But slowly but surely it's working. And wouldn't you know it - I kinda like the girl in the mirror. 



2 comments:

  1. Excellent quote. I am very much the same way. I miss you, Missy. Seriously. Look at you, seein' clients and stuff. So legit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! You are so awesome! Good thing you got to see Heather! Have fun these next busy weeks!

    ReplyDelete