It all started last Sunday when we invited over some boys (J17) to have breakfast for dinner at lunchtime. We had a fantastic time.
I really probably hadn't laughed so hard in such a long time. We played psychiatrist and had the funniest one ever. In the game one person who will be asking questions leaves and everyone else picks something that their answers will have in common. This can be number of words, letters, a word in the answer or something entirely different. This time Eva left the room and we decided that we would all answer for the person to our left. This got to be really funny as she asked a bunch of questions. Sometimes they were pretty specific questions and a boy had to answer as a girl. It was so funny. We had a great lunch. At 3:00 two of the boys and all of us girls had to leave to go to choir. The kitchen was a mess and we had a borrowed table but we told the boys that we would clean up when we got home and then call and have them help us move it back. They said No, No, No, they would do the dishes... we had fed them and they didn't mind. After some arguing we agreed to let them stay and do the dishes.
That probably was a bad idea on our part. Watch the video to see what happened.
We got home and found our kitchen and living room completely switched around. The table and the microwave stand were in the living room and the couches, coffee table and entertainment center were in the kitchen. They had turned on a movie and everything. They did leave a thank you note and they put up an addition to our gratitude wall. :) Here are the pictures.
As the movie shows we laughed and laughed a lot. But as funny as we thought it was we began plotting of how to get them back.
The living room of J17 is decorated with flags from all of the boys missions so we decided it would be good to use those. We game up with a plan but needed a way to get inside of their apartment. We decided it would have to be an inside job and so we enlisted the help of one of the roommates, Matt (who is a pre-missionary and therefore had no attachment to the flags). On the next Sunday all of the boys who were at home left to go have dinner at another apartment. Matt secretly left the door unlocked for us and after they had been gone for a few minutes we were in! We had bought fabric and made our own flags to replace the boys flags. They were stick figures of us! (We titled them the republic of Rachel, Eva's empire, the land of Lyss and Heather's homeland since they were replacing country flags.) We put those up and took the boys flags home and put them up in our bedroom windows and down the hall (past the honor code line :D ).
Mission accomplished! We celebrated for a few minutes and then Lyss and Eva left to go to Lyssa's aunt's house and Heather and I settled down with the guitar and letters.
A little while later Jeff knocked on our door and said that he had just gotten home and that he wanted to keep learning a song on the guitar that Alyssa and Eva had been teaching him. Heather and I were invited him in but were confused why he didn't say anything about the flags. Just a minuted later Jeff got a phone call from Jordan who was calling to tell him what we had done. Jordan was at the door a few minutes later and told us (sarcastically) that he liked the flags in the window. He stood in the hallway upset over the flag at the end for a while and then hung out for a few minutes. Jeff finished learning the song and then he left as well. Heather and I laughed to ourselves and kept working on our music and mail. Most of J17 was going to come tunnel singing with us later that evening so we figured we'd get a little gloating in with them later.
Now there are a few things I need to preface the rest of this story with. First, Matt often comes over when he is alone in his apartment because he is "bored." He will just come over and play the guitar or hang out and talk. Also, Matt does NOT sing. He just won't. At all. So he wasn't coming tunnel singing with us. Second, Jeff was NOT coming tunnel singing either. Jeff does sing... and very well but he just was not going to come. Third, there are a few things about Eva that you should know. She always always has her phone on her. She is OCD about brushing her teeth and will never stop brushing or flossing for anything. She doesn't usually leave the house without real clothes and shoes.
Now, with that knowledge, here is the rest of the story. Just before it was time to leave for tunnel singing Matt came over to our apartment saying that he was bored, that his roommates had all left and that he guessed he would just come tunnel singing with us. Heather and I were confused as to why all of the other boys had bailed but we didn't think much of it. Matt offered to drive which I happily accepted because I love not driving. While Heather and I were getting ready though Alyssa and Eva called to say that they were not going to come after all. They were tired and going to bed. Matt asked where the girls were and we told him they were on their way home and then were going to sleep. Heather and I were finishing grabbing things and when Heather stepped into the front room she heard Matt on the phone say "I've only got half of the package." FISHY #1. I left my drivers license on the coffee table since I wouldn't need it but I did grab my keys off of the kitchen table so that I could lock the door (We were not going to leave it open ever again.) But when I grabbed my keys, to my shock and horror and dismay and confusion and stress - my house key was not on the ring!!! FISHY #2. Now, house keys don't just fall off of their rings. I knew the boys had to have gotten my key somehow. AHHHH!! Bad news. But I realized that the girls were coming home so at least for the night we were safe. We left but as we were going down the stairs we met Eva and Lyss coming upstairs. Lyss announced that Jeff had called her and that he was going to bring her tunnel singing. (Wait... Jeff tunnel singing? FISHY #3) I tried to explain to Eva that the boys had my key and that she needed to keep the door locked and then we left to go sing. When we got to there Matt got a phone call and told us that his roommate Dave was locked out. He needed to go let him in and would be back in 10 minutes. Wait. Ditching us at tunnel singing. NOT JUST FISHY ANYMORE... COMPLETELY SUSPICIOUS. Heather and I called Eva telling her to bolt the door and sleep on the couch but she was distracted and the call cut off. I sent a text as quickly as I could and then Heather and I sang while trying to figure out what was going on. About 10 minutes later Jeff and Alyssa walked into the tunnel but to my and Heather's horror Eva was with them. Jeff had sweet talked her out of the apartment in her pajamas with flip flops, in the middle of flossing her teeth, and WITHOUT HER PHONE. She hadn't gotten my text.
At that point we knew it was all over. They had my key and we were stranded in a tunnel.
That hour was one of the longest of my life... just standing there waiting and waiting to go home and see what had happened. The boys brought us back and we opened the door to find... our furniture gone. Anything that you could sit on was missing - the couches, the kitchen chairs. And they had put up boxes in its place. Also our collage of pictures had been filled with pictures of the boys. There were dishes in the fridge and mugs upside down on the counter (which we found out the next afternoon were filled with water). They had enlisted some girls help and had gotten their flags back and moved our flags to their windows (hence why my pictures of them are in windows). They also had someone put a picture of Jordan up in the bathroom. And as they were leaving they told me to look on the bright side to find my key. (It was attached to the fan.)

Needless to say we were blown away. They had gotten us back only hours later and with MY KEY! I was impressed... they had all played there parts so well. Turns out Jeff and Jordan had been home for a long time. Jeff had come over as a distraction so Jordan could take my key. But the luck of my key being out! Matt had played his part perfectly... turning traitor on us and acting so normal.. "I'm bored". Jeff must have been really good because the luck of Eva changing her mind and coming... not normally possible. I really was blown away... by how well they really did... and by how much luck they had too.
So now basically war has been declared. Facebook pictures and movies tell an intense story and both sides statuses show our intent to win. We definitely lost the battle on Sunday but the war is far from over and though we are down one right now we intend to WIN. J33 >J17 !!!!!!!
P.S. If anyone has any great ideas they would be more than welcome right about now. Ask your boys!

So funny! I thought I had seen all the videos, but missed two whole stories. Just when are you having time to study girl? It was great to see you yesterday, sorry, I was distracted, I feel bad! Luckily I we have blogs!
ReplyDeleteHugs,