There is nothing better than:
having a great hair day with little effort on your part.
blasting Kelly Clarkson on your morning commute.
having a job you love with people you love working with.
walking across campus in the sunshine.
loving the program you chose for graduate school.
becoming good enough friends with your classmates that you can have conversations with your eyes.
finding out that your little brother is turning out to be a total stud.
having your mom text you that your other little brother really wanted to talk so you need to call again.
realizing it's only 15 days until you and your family get to watch the hunger games and go skiing together.
having one of your best friends misdial your number and getting to catch up while you drive.
going to institute and getting the chance to refocus, recenter.
running.
raspberry sorbet waiting in the freezer.
But most of all there is NOTHING better than:
driving home with the windows down, radio blasting after a good workout.
My Thursdays are CRAZY. Work, Class, Work, Institute, Gym. That's 7:00 am - 10:00 pm that I am gone from home. But in reality, I loved today. Is this what I will always wish for Thursday to be? Not a chance. But for right now, for this moment, there is nothing better for me and I am going to be extremely grateful for what I have been given right now.
I have been loving your updates lately! I'm glad things are going so well for you :) I miss you though! I wish we would have had more time together outside of class!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Especially the conversation with the eyes part! Did you mean Thursday's class? haha!
ReplyDelete