Monday, October 11, 2010

day one

click to see larger :)

I'm not going to lie. I actually did get my weight checked today. But it was at the health center because I had to and not for myself. And I won't again until the challenge is over. 

The first part of today's challenge was to write for at least ten minutes about what I am grateful for about my body. I am so grateful for the strong and healthy body that I have been given. We have been through a lot together. I got my gallbladder taken out freshman year, got stitches sophomore year and had swine flu junior year. We have lost 70 pounds since starting at BYU. We have learned to love exercise. And we have learned to like ourselves. I am grateful that I can walk. That I can move around and do the things I need. I am so grateful I can see, smell, hear, feel, taste, talk. I am happy to be me. 

Today was a busy crazy day full of figuring things out and getting things done but those are sometimes my favorite because I am in love with my planner and checking things off of to-do lists. Of note: I love love new music. And I love that I have job where I can listen to music. We tie-dyed for FHE tonight and now I have pink and yellow fingers that will not come clean no matter how much I scrub. But - I'm going to have an AWESOME shirt. 

Finally: I love the quote from the poster today. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world." It actually was not by Nelson Mandela but by Marianne Williamson. But either way I think it is a fantastic quote. Who are you not to live up to the potential within yourself?  You must. You have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment