I registered for my final semester of undergraduate classes. Just 14 credits to go. :) I got all the classes I wanted within 10 minutes of signing in including a capstone with only 15 seats. It was weird. Remember the stressful days of being a freshman and planning out your schedule with two interchangeable classes and asking older friends to reserve classes for you?
I was contacted by a woman who had been reading my blog and is working on a segment about Mormons for a TV series. We got to talk for about an hour about BYU, my major, my activities, DTRs and relationship trends, when I would feel old to still be single, missions, etc... We'll be talking more and they are coming in December and maybe I'll get to meet them in person! Needless to say I was pretty excited that someone thought my little blog had something worthwhile in it.
I went shopping with Aubrey and Tyler and I bought new black heels [mine had split :(...] and tights and long socks for boots.
Pretty much I really like Aubrey and Tyler. They tease me a lot. So I laugh a lot. That's my favorite thing in relationships. My dad's and my relationship is based off of teasing. My mom used to shake her head and say she didn't understand but we knew we loved each other. My grandpa used to say "If I didn't tease you how would you know I loved you?" I used to think that was ridiculous but really he has a good point. :) Also Tyler made us orange julius last night. So he automatically gets 10 gold stars.
Probably the most exciting thing [seriously I squealed with delight when I saw the email] that happened to me was that my 8:00am class was cancelled this morning which meant that I got to sleep in. Until 8 but when you normally get up at 6:45 that is amazing! Do you know when the last time I got to sleep in was? A looooong time ago. It was glorious. I love my bed. Next time you wake up instead of jumping up and running to get ready you should just lay there for a minute and appreciate your bed.
Also exciting was that I got to go to Salt Lake and help with an art project with the Make a Wish foundation. Alyssa and Dan founded a service group called Paint a Wish and are working with them and a group called Hope's Kids to bring art to those kids. They are pairing students with interested children for lessons and then doing bigger projects. Today we did painting with salad spinners. It was so fun to watch the little kids pull as hard as they could and to see their eyes light up when they saw what they had made. Children really are just filled with so much light that you cannot help but be happier when you are around them.
Yesterday I got a note in my mailbox that I had missed a package and that I could go pick it up at the post office. I couldn't think of who it possibly could be from since I'd already gotten two things from Mom. Turns out it was from Michele, one of my high school teachers who is now a good friend. She sent me a Halloween package and a note filled with warm fuzzies. It absolutely made my day to know that someone was thinking about me and to have such a happy surprise. It was so exciting!
And best of all, tomorrow starts the weekend! :)
I love exciting things!
ReplyDeleteOf course your little blog has so much of worth in it!! You know how I feel about that :)
I almost jumped through the phone when I was with your Mom and it rang and she said it was you... that was pretty fun for me. It's the little things in life right? I could just "feel" your smile. It gave me happy feet.
Hugs!