Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Regent's Park and Belgian Waffles

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day.  The sun was shining all day long and I just loved it.  I love the sunshine. It makes me feel so happy about life.  Of course London does that too. :)

Really quick here are a couple pictures from yesterday. 



Today began with our European Fine Arts class.  I'm really excited.  As part of the class we get to go to the "Top Ten" places to see in London. It will be Amazing. Amazing.  I am so excited for all of the important places that I get to see and visit and learn about. 

Then we were off again! We took a bus (I love the buses!) to Regent's Park and did one of our assigned walks there.  It was SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL.  It was amazing spending the day walking in the sun in a beautiful park.  This is a picture taken on a bridge in the park. Can you believe that this is park is in the city. And there are like 6 more!  And they are HUGE.  I love them. All of them.  So incredible.




These are our London faces. No smiling. 

My feet decided to hate me today.  I got a baby blister yesterday but today it freaked out.  Ah.  I have walked more in the past 4 days than I think I ever walked in a whole semester at home.  I will never ever complain about the hill up to campus again.  That's kid stuff. Plus I have the bajillion steps just to my bedroom so the steps up to my apartment.  Nothing. 

 We came home via tube and after I switched my shoes we went and ate at PRET.  It was super super good. The bunkbeds are covered with writing about things that we should do and that was one of them and it was totally worth it.  It is fresh everyday, no flying the food in and if they make too much they give it away to a charity.  I had a BLT.  Perfect.  Absolutely perfect.  

Then home again.  I talked to Mom and then took a nap.  It was glorious.  Seriously my body hates me right now.  It is not adjusting to this time zone very well and I'm not sure what to do about it. 

Dinner was kabobs. Yum.  Then I was a student for a while.  And then we went and bought belgian waffles.  They were AMAZING.  People rave about them but seriously they were actually actually really really really good. I had one with chocolate and nuts on top.  It hit the spot.  Yum, yum, yum.  

Then we came home and did a picture swap and watched Notting Hill because we live right in the neighborhood with the blue door.  So we are going to go find it tomorrow.  

 A couple of other thoughts:  I'm trying to decide where I want to fit in here at the Centre.  There are 40 girls and they are getting pretty groupy already.  Including me and Jord and Sam.  Which has been perfect and so so fun. I definitely prefer small groups but I'd love to get to know more people too. So I need to figure out how to balance all of that. 

Also, I'm finally staring to realize just how long I am going to be here and how much I am going to miss people this summer. It's not homesickness.  I'm not actually sure what words to use for it.  But I feel a little empty hole inside where someone is missing. Hmm. I don't know. 

And drum roll please... grades just got posted.  And everything turned out brilliantly!  I got a B+ in O Chem.  That's right... a B+!!!!!! I was PRAYING for a B- but the curve took my grade way way up.  My life is SO HAPPY right now. All of the rest of them were A's.  BEAUTIFUL.  I was not expecting such good grades. Because honestly I played way harder than I worked this last semester.  I also had a much more complete education than I've ever had before because I spent so much more time with people and doing other things. The last semester was a huge learning experience for me. Which in the end was going to be more important than my grades.  But to have them both just makes my life.  I am so happy right now. As if I wasn't happy enough before.  :) 

Off to bed now!!! 

If you want to see more pictures, click here... it is my facebook album which I am adding all of my pictures to as we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment