Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday in London
My alarm went off at 7:00 and I braved the cold shower. It was FREEZING. And I'm not just whining. It was take your breath away cold. I just gasped when the water hit me. Brrr. Brr. Brr. I hurried as fast as I could but my head was numb within seconds. Not going to happen again. Then breakfast (cold cereal, yes mom, I ate cereal) and then to church. We went to the Hyde Park chapel for church as a group and so we got to walk through Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park to get to church. Oh my gosh, it was so beautiful. I couldn't soak it in. It was green and sunny and just picture perfect. I want to spend every extra minute in there. Mmm. It was really funny though because people just STARED at us on the way. Just picture it... 41 girls in dresses and 1 boy walking through the park on a Sunday morning. We were a spectacle. Then church. It was amazing. I think I really took for granted the church and all of the things that go with it that we have at school at BYU and at home in Idaho. Things like institute. I honestly never appreciated institute or the opportunity that it is. These people make sacrifices just to get to church. I think I am beginning a perspective shift. Sunday school and Relief Society were wonderful. The RS teacher was beautiful. I love the diversity here. We came home and ate leftovers and then went to the Museum of London. Then scriptures, evensong, dinner (which was AMAZING or maybe I was just starving?), orientation, and ward assignments. Then we went out on a tube adventure. 6 of us hopped on the central line at Queensway and were planning on hopping off at Oxford Circus. But there were boys being creepers, talking in another language, staring us down. So we stood up to go get off but actually stayed on the train to get rid of them. We got off at the next stop instead and just wandered. I love London. Mmm. Catcalls on the way home and then we were back! I am excited for next Sunday when I get to go to my own ward. Today we have so much fun planned so I am off to go and do!!!
Labels:
Study Abroad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sooooo jealous. Looks like you are having a lot of fun. I love reading your blog. :)
ReplyDelete