Tuesday night was a giddy, girly, giggly evening. After I took care of my parking pass for Liberty, Heather and I went out for a girl's night. We stopped for me to get a Jamba Juice and then went to get pedicures. It was my first time and definitely will not be my last. It was so relaxing to sit and soak my feet/have them massaged/be pampered. We just sat and talked and laughed together.
Then we went out shopping. We were in such a weird mood all night. We just laughed and giggled the whole evening long. We teased and joked together the way that good friends do. I'm so grateful for such a good friend. I truly don't know where I'd be without Heather Jean.
Wednesday was my first day of classes - definitely worth noting. I got up early and saw Lyss off (she and Eva are in europe for the next 5 weeks), then went to the gym, and then got ready for my first class. I love starting my day early. I feel so much better the rest of the day. My classes should be good. English will be a pain but a lot of it is resumes and letters of intent which is very practical. Then I have family finance which again will be very practical. And Dr. I is so funny. I was just dying for the entire class period. Last I have guitar which I'm so excited about! I've been playing a bit for the last few years with my roommates but I got a guitar for Christmas and now I get the chance to learn a lot more. My fingers hurt so badly already though. After a two hour class and practicing this afternoon I am sore! They will callous eventually but not yet! I spent the evening just getting the things done that I needed to do. I did my homework, cleaned my room and then when I ran out of things to do I pulled out some mending and watched a show while sewing. I've made a list of things to do Spring - both big adventuring things and little things to do when I have time. And I think I'm actually going to get through a good portion of it!
Today I worked an 8-5. Blah. It was so cold this morning! It ended up being a good day though because Sam came and picked Jord and me up for lunch and took me to In-N-Out for the first time.


It was really good - definitely the best fast food burger I've ever had. And I will definitely be going back again. Plus, best of all I got to be with Sam and Jord. One year ago we were starting our adventure in London where we were best friends and I've missed having them around.
Later this afternoon I was in such a weird mood. If you notice what I've written - the last few days have been pretty great. And the things in my life in general are really all I could ask for. But all afternoon I just felt like my world was crashing down around me. I was feeling lonely, sad, afraid. Why? I don't know. Truly it probably is just a function of me being a girl. There was nothing to feel badly about. At least, nothing big enough to be dwelling on to have such an overwhelming feeling of despair.
Then my roommate started Ever After so now I'm watching that with her. A perfect chick flick. So I'm feeling quite giddy and girly and romantical.
To conclude. Being a girl is hard. We complain that boys don't/can't/won't understand us but to be perfectly honest... I don't/can't/won't understand myself quite often. The past few days have been full of all of the ups and downs of the roller coaster that it is to be female. I think there are going to be a few more dips and hills as I get settled into spring and figure out things out.
[added later: so to continue the girlyness... after the movie finished Courtney and I started talking. We had some good good girl talk - we talked about awkward dates, stupid boys, the unsourced pressure to get married, more awkward stories, what we do expect in dating, etc. Not only was it a perfect conversation for my weird girly mood but it was totally what I needed to sit down and talk through right now. Plus Courtney and I have only had a few brief words here and there til now so I was super excited to actually talk and find that we get along well. She is such a sweet girl - I'm really excited to be living with her.]
I watched Ever After tonight too! I miss you and Heather - can we plan a get-together adventure sometime?
ReplyDelete