When I last wrote, Patrick and Isaac had helped me jump my car and after working in the morning I was supposed to be heading home. Well, my life didn't exactly work out like that.
I did go to work on Friday morning. I'm not exactly sure why to be honest though. We held an open house for graduation and there were three of us secretaries to help put out a few decorations. At any rate I was there til about noon when I came home. In more rain might I add. Heather came to visit while I finished packing and helped me carry all of my stuff down to my car. But to my dismay, sadness, frustration my car wouldn't start. I had let it run for 25 minutes the night before after we jumped it and it should have been fine. But it wasn't. So Jord & Greg [THANK YOU!] came and jumped me again and I drove to get it checked out. Turns out my battery was dead and needed to be replaced. By the time I got it checked out and fixed it was after 4:00. I was tired and stressed out. And one of the times we had to jump it I'd blown a fuse so I had no radio. There was no way that I was going to be able to make it home safely that night by myself. And I knew that but that didn't stop me from crying and crying and crying and crying about it. I just bawled. I wanted so badly to just go home. I was so annoyed because I'd spent the day before taking care of my car - rotating tires, vacuuming, etc. If it had just died a day earlier I could have done it with all of those errands. But instead it stopped me from getting home. I went home and took a nap to try to calm down. And it definitely helped. I stopped by Heather's for a minute and she cheered me up a lot. And then I went to Patrick's. We ate dinner and then I went back to my apartment and took a shower because I was freezing cold and couldn't get warmed up. After that we watched Pay it Forward. If you haven't seen it, you need to. It's SUCH a good movie. I love the idea behind it. I love the acting, the filming.
I woke up Saturday morning and drove home. Let me just say how grateful I am for my iPod. It has speakers in it so it rode up on my dash the whole way home so that I could have my music even without my radio. I don't even remember exactly what I did when I got home on Saturday. It was branding day so I watched the cows in the chutes for a bit and I got hugs and played with the little kids for a bit. I started laundry. I talked with Mom and Dad [which I loved but it was such a weird conversation]. The kids and I made dinner and cleaned the kitchen while Mom and Dad were gone. I played the Wii with the kids. We had a movie night. Sunday was spent just as Sunday should be. Church, Lunch, talking with my sister, Settlers of Catan, a glorious nap curled up with my brother, steak and potatoes for dinner. Mmm. Monday morning I spent with Mom - a quick trip to the doctor to get blood work and a perscription, then shopping. We came home and loaded up my car and I was off again. My trip was WAY too short. I felt like I just got there and then I turned around and came back. (Luckily Mom helped me replace the fuse in my car so I have a radio again!) I love my home so much. I love my family.
Today, well, I'm sitting at work. Where I've been ALL day. Truly I don't know how I did 8-5s for a whole summer. I had a lot to do out front all morning and I got some big projects finished this afternoon in the back. But Ruth is gone all week and most of my hours are back here so I'm pretty limited in what there is for me to work on. Plus most of the professors aren't coming in on regular schedules now that it's Spring. I have bulletin boards to work on but I'm saving those so that I have something to do Thursday. I still have an hour left now so I'll probably get out the cleaning supplies! Woo!
No comments:
Post a Comment