I am going to be constantly telling you all about this fantastic organization over the next year as it will be a substantial part of my life. Right now what I want to show you is a video that was made about the Symposium that we put on this year. I mentioned it a little bit, that I had volunteered, attended and had some great thoughts coming away from it. It really was a great conference. You should watch the video. (It's about 10 minutes). And then... because you will be inspired you should email me and tell me that you want to join the club. :). In case you missed it last time I'll tell you again. Stand for the Family is a multidisciplinary (aka EVERYONE has a role) club focused on educating about issues facing the family such that students can articulate their positions and get involved to help stand for the family. Seriously the farther I get into my major the more I realize that to truly strengthen the family we have to have an entire culture shift. This is going to require efforts throughout all stages of marriage by all disciplines (Math, Science, Music... they all have critical roles to play in strengthening the family). So seriously. Watch the video. I'm in it a couple times mostly in the background since I was doing a lot of set up, registration, ushering but you can see my cute face at about 4:00. And then seriously. Get involved. Did you hear general conference? The whole thing was about family! And most of you who read this don't have your own yet so this is the perfect way to apply what we were taught right now!
Alright... I'll come down off of my soapbox and quit bugging you. But seriously. It would be awesome if you got involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment