You should read this talk. President Uchtdorf's words are true and they were answer to prayer right now.
If you don't want to read it... here are two quotes that highlight what I loved about it.
"Patience—the ability to put our desires on hold for a time—is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter."
"Patience was far more than simply waiting for something to happen—patience required actively working toward worthwhile goals and not getting discouraged when results didn’t appear instantly or without effort.There is an important concept here: patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"
Sundays are my favorite days. I love going to church, taking the Sacrament, being filled with the Spirit and being uplifted so that I can face the things coming at me during the rest of the week.
I had a small breakdown today. I realized that as this semester ends and the girls move out, Lyss gets married this summer, and all of us move to different places for the fall I am closing a chapter of my life. It was a happy chapter. And I am sure that the chapter that comes next will be even more wonderful. But I'm just not quite ready to let go. I love these girls so much. They are my BYU experience in essence. I'm going to miss them. Very very much. Not that we won't all still be great friends. But it will be different. And that was a little sad. Really they have had a huge part in shaping me to be the Rachel that I am today. Change is hard. Isn't it? Even when it is good and happy change. Not knowing everything about what is coming next is hard for me. Hence why a talk on patience was my answer today.
And here is one more thing that has made this beautiful Sunday just a little bit better.
[added later: Another thing that made for a lovely Sunday was that Heather, Patrick and Isaac and I made dinner and played games together tonight. It was so much fun. And afterwards the boys and I talked for hours. I really enjoy their friendship.]
No comments:
Post a Comment